Sunday, January 30, 2011

Marvels Experience

12:00-12:30 - Dellos Dance Studio. Register for auditions. Get a number. Stretch.
12:30-1:45 - Learn the piece from Jamin Love
1:45-2:00 - Review until Audition time!

2:00-3:20 - Auditions!
4 to 5 random numbers would be called to go to the other studio to audition.
In the current studio, music continually plays for reviewing.
My number, #9, was called for the last group, with only 2 other people auditioning with me.
2 Marvels members danced with us too.
I messed up not only the first time, but the second time.
Michael Bailey's words: "If it's not perfect, we don't want you."

3:25-3:45 - Callbacks.
Again, I was in the last callback group.
&, I did worse than before. Froze.
(since I ended up looking at other people & realized that everyone was doing different moves)

3:50 - All six judges went into the big studio to announce the numbers who made it,
I thought my number wouldn't be called,
I was already standing up and packing my things to leave.
They had already called quite a few numbers.
Then, towards the end: "49... 17... 9... "
They repeated it, and I still didn't want to believe it.
I thought I heard wrong since I was all the way in the back of the room.

3:55 - All Marvels members and numbers called had to go to the next studio.
I walked in and walked up to all the judges at the table to reassure my number was called.
"Yes."

There's a question I'm itching to know.
Why did they choose me?
I don't know, seriously. I messed up so many times.
I was confident I wasn't going to make it.
I was so confident about it, that I tweeted about it.
But, it was all in God's plan!

P.S. I do love that feeling though: when you don't expect something, and then it happens.

2 comments:

richelle jean said...

what an experience huh?! i'm SO proud of you! for going.. for making it.. for everything! God is totally working and i'm so excited for you and all the good times that are about to come in dancing with marvels! I love you JOANNA! and trust me, I know that "FROZEN" feeling all too well. love you. :-)

Starry said...

Ayyy!! In God's plan, definitely! That is so cool!
So, what kind of dancing do you do?

-Starry